Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it" - Metro Station

Unfortunately, do to my busy schedule, I am unable to exercise as much as I would like to (isn't that everyone's excuse?).  One thing is for sure, if there were more events like this, where a simple $5 donation gave me a chance to do Zumba for two hours, and help support breast cancer research, I would be sure to join in and do it. ARHS, NRHH and Fit Club joined together to do just that.  The event was held in the ARC on October 27th, and had over 100 participants consisting of students, faculty, staff and local residents.  Over all, they raised over $600 with the event.  Participants could enter a raffle to win breast cancer support bracelets, as well as official Zumba articles of clothing.  Participants were encouraged to wear pink, the color of the breast cancer support ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment